Thursday 16 July 2015

Route Update

There are many options most important being where to start from. I would really like to visit the Plivice Lakes as a starting point. There is not really time to divert south to Plitvice by cycle without compromising some flexibility on overall timings. There is, apparently, a bus from Zagreb but cycle accommodation is uncertain. I've therefore planned two alternative routes. They meet at Rijeka. I will turn up at the Zagreb bus station on the first morning and if I can get my bike and myself onto the bus then I will go to Plitvice. If not, I will start from Zagreb. 

I have made a number of changes to my initial route ideas. I am now going to take a ferry from Istria to Venice. Current thoughts are the Ravinj-Venice route but there are several options. The route around the north of the Adriatic looked flat and uninteresting, and a ferry journey seemed to me to be more exciting. I've also cut out Milan and I'll now follow the southern edges of the Italian Lakes: Garda to Bergamo to Como to Lugano. 

All the route has been mapped into my Bike GPS and copied into Google My Maps. The link for those with google account/Gmail, and who would like to see the detail is https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zy4ZrS0HnL5A.k5MH9_srvlyc


Packing is developing. Biggest debate is which sleeping bag/quilt and which sleeping mat. Otherwise everything I am planning to take forms a large pile in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment